This post is going to be a little different to normal.
You see, I may only be two months into this blogging gig, but this week I had the most wonderful surprise… I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award!!
“Well great, what’s that?” you might ask.
The Versatile Bloggers Award is an Award by bloggers for bloggers. It’s given to stand-out bloggers whose quality of writing, the uniqueness of the subject covered, and the level of love displayed in their words and photographs can be seen throughout their website.
As you can imagine, I’m absolutely over the moon delighted to have been nominated by Bob from The Frugal Fellow. Thank you so much, Bob!
Bob’s blog is, as the name might suggest, all about personal finance. If you’re a millennial wanting to take control of your finances, you need to bookmark his blog for a read! You can also find him on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram so make sure you give him a follow if you’re on any of those platforms!
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy.
- Next, select up to 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick the blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — include a link to their site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I’m nominating the following blogs (in no particular order) for the Versatile Bloggers Award.
I really enjoy reading these blogs, but equally I truly enjoy interacting with the bloggers behind them. Be sure to check them out!
- Lauren at Diary of a Spanglish Girl – Quirky & Funny!
- Lexie at A Budgeting Blonde – Helpful & Clever!
- Hannah at Can Do Hannitude – Real & Motivational!
- Elle at Elle Goes Global – Supportive & True!
- Kathy at Tasty Itinerary – Foodie & Insightful!
Seven Things About Myself
- I used to want to become a pilot. It simply amazes me that those massive metal things can fly!!!
- I was born in the Netherlands, but have lived in Norway, New Zealand, Japan and Ireland (in that order – I’m still in Ireland now – 12 years and counting!)
- English is actually my third language (see item #2 ☝), but I feel more comfortable and confident speaking in English than any of the other four!
- I have a black belt in Karate (that’s a while ago now though!) and have a scar on my forehead to show for it!
- I burned out last year and was off work for 9 months as a result with stress-induced depression and anxiety… I’m slowly learning the importance of self-care!
- I am extremely competitive, to the point where I don’t really like board-games because I just get too intense!
- I travelled on the Trans-Siberian Railway through Russia, Mongolia and into China 10 years ago and it was, to this day, my all-time favourite trip!
Thanks again to The Frugal Fellow for the nomination and thank you for reading!
Remember to stop by the wonderful blogs I nominated. Comments and shares are much appreciated 😁